SALT LAKE DINING ON THE COLLEGE DOLLAR
Welcome to our blog where we are dedicated to finding the best food, drinks and deals in Salt Lake City. We hope to be a useful tool for anyone living on a college budget but is still looking for quality restaurants that are unique to Salt Lake. Our goal is to give you a taste of the best that Salt Lake has to offer when it comes to dining, drinking, and entertainment. Be sure to leave a comment and let us know what you think, and what was useful!

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Red Iguana

The Red Iguana

The Food Network Fetures the Red Iguana on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives

Cost:

Tacos as low as $3.10 and upwards toward $25

Location:

736 West North Temple

Salt Lake City, UT 84116

Rate 1 to 5

Service 5 - These guys were excellent. I've lived in the Salt Lake Valley my entire life and have never been here. They helped me make the best selections that fit my interest. I actually ordered something I didn't particually care for, (just didn't go with my test buds, others absolutley loved the dish). I sent the dish back and they got me something different that I loved.

Food 5 - A lot of different choices for a Salt Lake Mexican restaurant.

Atmostphere 5 - Tight seating but really fun. Very busy and for good reasons.

I can't say enough about this local restaurant. It's just west of down town Salt Lake City. Its close for local business that work near the city, it's close to freeways and is accessible. It's not your typical Mexican restaurant, my family and I were greeted very nice and respectful, and we were told it would be 15 minutes for a table. They checked back with us several times to keep us posted on our table. They were super helpful and even helped us with our rowdy daughter throughout our meal. We don’t drink alcohol, but the drink menu is very friendly and it a variety is wonderful for any type of social drinker.


Like I mentioned in my service rating, I ordered a dish that I didn't particularly care for. It was called Enchiladas Suizas. This is of their most popular dishes. It just didn't sit right with me. Like mentioned in the video, it's one of their specialties. I'm confident that those that try this dish will like it, it just wasn't for me. I ended up with the Chicken Chimichunga. It was topped with their Salsa Espanaloa, this was a very sweet, unique flavor and I absolutely loved it!

My two year old daughter is the pickiest eater I've ever seen. We ordered her one of their tacos. She kept saying, "it's good, it's good" and ate her entire taco. So for those of you that have kids, this is cost friendly and your kids will love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment